Although it can be hard to follow the rules all the time, Orange County area residents understand the importance of driving safely. When a person engages in dangerous driving behaviors like speeding, they risk the lives of everyone they meet on the road. Speeding is one of the main causes of serious car accidents and there are many reasons why speeding is dangerous and reckless.
Speeding on area roads is dangerous and reckless for the following reasons:
- Speeding is involved in at least 25% of fatal car accidents.
- When a driver is speeding and gets into an accident, seatbelts and airbags do not work as well to keep passengers safe.
- The braking distance becomes four times as long when a person is going 60mph rather than 30 mph.
- By the time a driver realizes they need to react they have less time to do it.
- The driver has to brake harder when they are speeding.
- The crash is harder when one person is speeding.
- When a driver is speeding other drivers have a hard time telling how fast they are going.
- Speeding in inclement weather, around curves, etc. can lead to serious accidents.
If a person is injured in an accident due to a negligent driver they may want to speak with a legal professional who is skilled in personal injury. An attorney can visit the accident scene and interview witnesses, review the police report, and help the victim understand what happened to cause the accident. Compensation may be available for medical expenses, future medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages and other damages.
Speeding is a main factor in many serious car accidents across Texas. It is important for victims of car accident to know they have the legal right to hold the negligent driver accountable for their mistake.